Monday, March 14, 2011

Finding the time.

It seems like life has sped up since Avery started school.  I know, I know, that will just get worse as I get older.   I can't help but feel like I am missing out on time with my kids.  As I write this Tanner is having his quiet time playing in the other room.  Usually he has asked to have a movie of some sort by this time, but I have not offered and he hasn't asked.  I am thankful for his ability to find something quiet to do for awhile so I can get some "me" time.  But is "me" time what I need?  Am I missing out on something because I think I need me time?  Am I missing the blessing that God has given me?  When I think about it like that, how many other blessings have we all missed because of being too busy? 

Just this past weekend we went on a family vacation.  We met up with 7 other extended family members!  What a great time, at a family centered place.  The saddest part was that all I could see all around me were people engrossed in their cell phones, laptops, kids playing hand held Nintendo games, etc.  What a waste.  Here these people were paying good money for a "family" vacation.  All they seemed to be doing was looking at things on the internet, or playing games.  Now not knowing all of these people I cannot make a judgment on them.  I will say for me, I enjoyed the time with my kids and didn't really look at my phone at all!  I will honestly say that I didn't return most of the emails and messages until Monday.  I didn't want to miss out on my kids and family. 

Don't miss the blessings around you because you are too busy with your phone or laptop.  I assure you, you will regret it in the long run!

1 comment:

The McKnights said...

i will amen that 1000 times over!