Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Another post tonight..

Apparently I am in the mood for posting.  I am inspired with the 10 on Tuesday.  I want to try.  I am in whole hog now.  So here are the 10 random thoughts going through my mind this week.  Oh yes, I realize it is Wednesday, but I am starting today. 

1.  Avery's spring break was a huge deal.  Avery talked about it being "Sppppppppprrrrrrriiiiiinnnnngggg Brrrrrrrrrreeeeaaaaaakkkkk!" over and over and over and over.  She is in Kindergarten.  I am sorry but she doesn't know what that even means.  I am betting the teachers were pretty excited about it and it rubbed off on the kids.  I don't think I blame them a bit.

2.  We had some awesome weather for about 3 days.  Today was the downward slide.  The kids were actually in the sprinkler for a couple of the days.  Yes I love living in KS.  The weather breaks in March.  Beat that AK.

3.  Today I was in a funk about the weather.  I also decided today is the day to lay the smack down on NO MANNERS.  It is on.  Plus they are here at my whim so I can.  Pray.  I mean it. 

4.  I had some awesome fellowship this afternoon with a couple of my girls.  It was very needed.  We even prayed together.  That was AWESOME.  They brought their girls and everyone played.  Tanner was a bit left out but he doesn't realize it yet since Avery is his Hero. 

5.  I am missing my family.  I wish they were closer.  I wish that I could ask for a night off once and awhile.  I wish that my kids got to hang out with their grandparents on a whim.  Z and C don't know how good they got it.  Actually they might, but I still want that.

6.  Shea is peeing her pants because she wants to....today she went behind the garage and peed in her pants because walking in the house was apparently too much work.  I am so frustrated.  Ideas?

7.  I hate craft time.  I dread craft time.  I don't want to do it.  I need to do it.  I need to pray about it.  I am going to do this with them this week.  Notice at the bottom it says to enjoy doing this with your kids.  Whew.  I will try.  Again, pray!!

8.  I miss Leslie Paul.  I love that girl more than she probably knows.  I wish she lived next door.  That would make me the happiest cousin around.  She is awesome.  Did you know that she is one of the most inspirational people I have ever known?  She is the one that showed me Christ's love and I wanted to be just like her.  I am not like her, but I do know Jesus. 

9.  Quinton is currently visiting the land of "what happens there stays there".  Funny thing is he is a very boring person when it comes to that stuff.  What happens there will be that he drools over a couple of drills and then comes home to tell me all about it.  I am sure I will know nothing of what he speaks, but it will be fun to see the glimmer in his eyes.

10.  I have been praying for God to teach me to trust in Him.  That is difficult when I have experienced true Joy in His promise, only to feel that He has taken that promise back.  I know that is not what happened, but it is hard when the sadness of my loss doesn't seem to disappear.  I suppose I need to be a bit more like Paul and thrive with a thorn in my side.  Sounds more like a path He would have me on doesn't it?

So this week, apparently it was all about me.  It also sounds more like a vent session, but that was what was on my mind.  Next week I will have more about the kids.  I will try to start posting more often.  Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed your 10 on Tuesday...even though it was on Wednesday and I'm actually reading it on Thursday. What is this loss that you write about? Hope that everything is well. Enjoy craft time :)

Kristin said...

We lost baby #4 in January. So sad, but God's plans are much greater than mine. I tell myself that everyday, probably more than once a day!