Monday, September 22, 2008

PSC

What is PSC you ask? This is a place in Salina called the Pregnancy Service Center. It is a place where women can go to get free pregnancy testing, counseling, classes, and other basics that many in the community do not have access to. It is a place that 100% funded by the community. They take absolutely ZERO money from the government. Why is this important? Well it is Christian based place. This means that all women (and men) get to hear the word of God when they enter those doors. Many of these women have tough back grounds, some of them cannot even be called women, they are just girls. They are loved, encouraged, allowed to be heard, safe, and most of all they have a chance to learn of God's love. Many women in this day in age feel that it would be best to have abortions as opposed to adoption as an alternative, when faced with raising a kid at 17 or out of wedlock... This is a tough thing for me, but I used to have that mindset. However, since knowing God better I have come to realize that God does not make mistakes. People make mistakes. We are all given choices. We must find the right path and follow that. God gives us babies, it is what we do with the baby that makes or breaks the situation. Some babies are given to the "perfect" parents some are not. But I will say it again, God does not make mistakes.

These women have options when they go in there. They can take free classes to learn how to be the best parents they can, they can adopt, or they can go down their own path. It is up to them to decide. This is a safe place for many of these women to be and learn and grow.

Why is this important to me? Well lately I have had a calling for this place. I am not sure what I am going to do there exactly, however, I do pray for the women that go in there. Some of them by name. Some of them have given their whole story. It is hard to read about the things that happen in this world. But with God's help some of these women will be reached. Some will realize why they were given this baby, not always so they can be the parents.

The women there unfortunately have a past, present, and probably a future that I cannot relate to. I have parents who love me. I never got pregnant out of wedlock (or when I was 17). I never had to face what I would actually do in that situation. Although I do not judge anyone that has made a decision that they might or might not regret (I am not the one who judges...it is not my place), I do feel a sadness. I feel that God has put some of his sadness in my heart so I can feel for these women. It is painful, heart wrenching, mind numbing sadness. I want these women to know and understand that there are other ways than abortion and that God loves them regardless.

I am pro-life and pro-GOD.

So that is my story for tonight. I felt that I needed to share a part of my beliefs, life, and part of my calling. Please pray for me to help these women in anyway I can.

1 comment:

ArcticAngel said...

hmmm...your story comes at an interesting time for me. I've been feeling led to do something with teen moms and pregnant teens lately...