Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Among other things...

We had a great day with Avery yesterday. She turned 4 with gusto. She is so excited to be four. I can't even explain it. She beams at every opportunity to tell anyone about it. She wore the birthday hat with some disdain, however, allowed me to get a couple pictures. She was SOOO into opening presents. She loved every minute of it. She ate up the cake and ice cream like a true champ. My baby indeed. What a blessing she is. We had a few friends over for Avery's birthday. I inisisted that they don't buy presents, instead, they were to recycle a toy from their house. We eneded up with a used Trooper hat (the neighbor is a trooper and his kids are friends with mine...) and some new bath toys. PERFECT. It was a great success. Avery loves the presents too.


(in the background Q is playing Happy Birthday on the piano...what a good Daddy he is!!)





The other story of the day was Tanner. For those of you who are unaware, Tanner is the one that keeps me on my toes. He is unreal. If something is put together, he takes it apart. He is his father's son. He has to destroy anything around. I haven't really ever had the need to destroy things like he has, so I have trouble figuring out what is going to be next in the line of the bull dozer. Anyway, yesterday I was getting out of the shower and Tanner comes in chewing. That is never a good sign. I ask him what he is eating. He says cheese. Ummm we don't have cheese sticks. The only other cheese is a block of cheese in the fridge that I am pretty sure he cannot get into. So I ask him to show me. We go to the fridge and this is what he shows me:



NOT cheese...that is butter!!! He turns around and says "butter is good Mom."

Seriously folks this is my EVERYDAY.

3 comments:

Anne said...

too funny - Tanner must have been taking lessons from Lyle about butter. Lyle would so do that if he could get away with it!!

Emily said...

Thank goodness everyone at work is gone, I am laughing out loud hysterically about the Tanner story! HILARIOUS!

Candace Hendrickson said...

OMG! Tanner cracks me up!!!