Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy and Sad

With less than one week left in Alaska, my sadness has set in. I am going to miss SO MANY PEOPLE here. There are few things in life that will ever compare to a good friend. I cannot imagine not seeing some of these people everyday. But I will soon be experiencing that.

There are so many good things that come from us moving. Quinton will have a wonderful job, we will be near family, Quinton will be home MUCH more than he is now, my kids will experience the chaos that comes with LONG road trips (think National Lampoon's Vacation). Not having to bundle up in July. Not having to protect all parts of your skin to venture to the store.

But with all of that, there are a few gems here in AK that my Children will not experience. Two of my closest friends are having babies. I will only see one before I leave. The other will not make his debut until April. My kids will not see snow like they see it here. We will not have unlimited salmon and halibut in our freezer. They will not get to see the WILD part of Alaska. They will not wake up everyday to see the mountains out our front windows.

Happy and sad of course. But on to the good parts of the last week:

Elliot (Quinton's youngest brother) came up to help pack. WHAT A HELP. Oh my I cannot imagine what we would have done without him. Plus having him around is like having a complete family. Elliot lived with us for 3 summers. I have missed him so much. He didn't come last summer. It was quiet. He is a wonderful person to be around.

Last weekend Tanner started walking. He is trucking everywhere. He isn't very good at it yet but he gives it his all. He is a stitch.

We close on our house on Thursday. OH MY GOODNESS. Please keep us in your prayers to keep our sanity. We are not worried about it. We just need to make sure that everything gets done!! Tomorrow is carpet cleaning day. YIPPEE.

Off to relax for awhile.

2 comments:

Emily said...

You are all in my thoughts during this transition. Moving on to a new thing can be easy, but leaving something behind is the hard part.

ArcticAngel said...

i know you wont be reading this for a while...since you've made your great exodus from this wonderful state and all your totally amazing friends (if i do say so myself :))but just remember we love you and you are missed! keep in touch okay and hope your drive went really well!