Thursday, December 13, 2007

Pictures coming soon to a blog near you...

I am going to be posting the pictures soon but I have to load them off a CD. I know it takes forever to do that, right? Oh well, you will have to deal with it. I am going to take a couple other pictures today of my christmas tree. It is worth showing you what we had to do to "Tanner proof" it. Unreal.

So something I have failed to mention is that Tanner has mastered the art of crawling. Hence the Tanner proofing efforts. Tanner learned to crawl just before we went to Iowa. His first attempts were just to get to a toy that was 2 "steps" away. Once he got there he was satisfied and wouldn't go much further. While I was in Orlando he perfected his technique and is not EVERYWHERE! The bathroom seems to have the most appeal to him. He loves going in there. Since we are in the bathroom at least once an hour he has ample opportunity to get in there.

The reason we are in the bathroom all the time is because we are actively training Avery to use the toilet all the time, instead of when it suits her. She is very aware of her need to go potty, when she goes she is happy to go on the toilet...it is just a matter of her remembering...and not pooping on the carpet. AHHH the joys of parenthood.

I was out of town for three weeks. While that was great, it really made it hard to get in the Christmas spirit. I was just so happy to be home that I had a hard time getting motivated to put up the tree. So I pulled it out finally on Tuesday (since that would give me 2 weeks with it up). I found some lights for the tree, plugged them in, they all worked and then put them on the tree. Plugged them in again and only 1/2 the tree was lit. UGH. So I pulled them back off. Went to the store yesterday got lights...finally got the tree up. The lights are some new fancy light, LED, where they actually look fluorescent. Not really the warm look you normally strive for on the tree. But it will HAVE to do since I cannot imagine going to the store again. It is a jungle out there.

My last story for the day is that I went to the post office at 6 am today. I wanted to beat the rush of crazies that waited until the last minute like I did to send the packages. I figured that nobody would be there at 6 am. So why was it that it took me almost 45 minutes at the post office? Oh yeah, because I was one of 10 people in there. I was last in line. By the time I got to the front there were probably 15 people behind me. Apparently I wasn't the only one with that idea. Ahh well, packages sent....

That is it for now. My goal is to have pictures posted today.

Wish me luck!!

No comments: