Today is going to be a challenge. Avery is combative. That makes it challenging for me to not get angry. Ahh the joys of motherhood. Plus she NEVER stops talking. NEVER. The girl only stops talking to sleep. From the time she wakes up, until she goes to sleep she is saying something. I have never seen anything like it. I know I talk alot but nothing like this. This girl has so much to say about nothing. How can you talk about a basket of laundry for 30 minutes. That is what I have been listening to.
Tanner is an Angel. The only problem is that he STILL has the cold that he got 2 days before we left Iowa. That was on the 5th they both got this cold. Tanner still has it. It is not as bad, since he was on albuterol treatments for 3 days. This is the second cold he has had. The first one he had he started getting wheezy. So we started the albuterol treatments. He got better. So when he got this cold, we didn't have to go to the Dr. to get the meds. They say he could have RSV, but since there is no real treatment for RSV, we just treat it as a normal cold. So here is the conversation with the Dr. on the phone:
So what you are telling me is that I shouldn't worry.
Well if he gets worse then maybe you will need to get him seen.
So what should I be looking for?
Wheezing, coughing (persistent), fever, fussyness, refusal to eat.
So everything he has been exhibiting up until now?
Well how long has he had those symptoms?
About a week.
Well you should treat with albuterol and then see how he is after that.
How long should I treat with Albuterol?
A few days.
And then?
Then see how he is.
Seriously, why do I call? So really didn't tell me anything except, just wait it out. I could have done without captain obvious on the other end of the line. Telling me he could have RSV really wasn't helpful either. RSV is basically a very bad cold. So if he had a very bad cold, wouldn't I just take him to the Dr. anyway? Whatever. It is so difficult trying to get straight answers over the phone. People usually assume that I don't know what I am talking about when I say he is wheezing.
UGH.
Oh yeah it is -4 outside right now. I am ready for summer.
Something positive to end on....Avery and Tanner are playing nicely right now. WOOHOO. 5 minutes of calm right now.
1 comment:
gotta love the dr! aka capt. obvious!
thanks for visiting today, it was great to see you!
~c
Post a Comment