Tuesday, September 18, 2007

So this was my evening...

I picked up Tanner and Avery. Tanner decided not to drink any bottles today. Only wanted food (right...we started him on solid food). So I started putting him in his carseat, he decided he wanted a bottle, so I gave him the bottle that had been ready for him all day. He drank that down. He immediately went to sleep. Avery decided that she didn't want to get in the car. I carried her to the car...kicking...and screaming...and kicking. She got in...reluctantly. I then put Tanner in. We got home, unloaded, came upstairs and got a snack. Tanner woke up while I was cooking dinner. He wanted another bottle...shocker. I gave him his bottle. Avery and I ate dinner while I tried to give him some sweet potatoes. He fell asleep while I was giving him his dinner. Apparently someone feeding you your dinner after feeding you your bottle and carrying you around all day is tough work.





Quinton came home while I was "feeding" Tanner and Avery was playing with her food. Avery said something "smart" to me for the millionth time today and then immediately followed it with "do you want me to spank you?" She gets a spank on the bum for disrespect (she knew from the look that she shouldn't have said that). I couldn't keep the smile off my face. Quinton had to step in with that one. After dinner Tanner wanted yet another bottle, Avery and I played 14 games of ring-around-the-rosies, 11 games of I'm a little teapot, and 2 games of heads, shoulders, knees and toes. Avery finally went to bed reluctantly after we "adjusted" each other (we all go to the chiropractor and she has been playing chiropractor since last Monday). Tanner went to bed shortly after. I did 2 loads of laundry and managed somewhere in there to do the dishes too. Now Quinton and I are watching a movie...relaxing...and avoiding work.




So if you read all the way through this...I hope you have enjoyed an evening in my life. The quotes from Avery are very abundant, however, that one about the spanking was possibly the best. Even with all the work in my life I am happy to say that in a couple months I will be a stay-at-home mommy. I cannot wait until my whole day consists of what these two babies do in a day. I have a wonderful family and the best husband. He is making it possible for me to stay at home with our babies. I love all of the blessings in my life. I know God has had a hand in helping us with this transition. Take a minute to reflect on the blessings in your life and give the praise where it is due, God.

No comments: