Speaking of how much they love me...on Tues night I go to a bible study (currently I am doing Beth Moore's Believing God, it is wonderful). I usually get home right around 8:30 pm. Since the kids go down between 8-8:30 I usually miss them. So last night I got home, got Shea settled, fed, and happy. Tanner wouldn't stop getting out of bed, no surprise there. Q had to go put Tanner back in bed for the 90th time, when Avery asked him when I was going to come up and say good night. She had been waiting for me, she was so tired, but was holding out for me to come up to say good night. She said, "I love you SO SO SO SO SO much Mommy." Ahh melts the heart. Tanner throws his arm around me and says "you nuggle (no I didn't misspell it) with me?" Of course it is so hard for me to say no, but snuggling with Tanner is like snuggling with a bull dozer, just that gentle. I love those babies.
Shea is also a joy now. TONS of smiles, coos, and still quite even tempered, except for 7-9 pm. Once she goes to sleep she is down until about 2 am. Then it depends on the day, sometimes she is up every two hours, sometimes just once until 6 am. You just never know. Regardless it is still considered sleeping through the night since she just gets up to feed and then goes back to sleep. That is what a pediatrician once told me. I don't care what you call it, I don't have to get out of bed, she sleeps in a bassinet next to me. I don't have to make a bottle. I had to with Tanner from about 3 months on. UGH. That was no fun. I know some people do that through the whole first year, well I for one do not like it much at all.
I have included a couple pictures of the kids. I included the picture of Avery and Tanner from when they were about the same age as Shea. Thought you would like to see the similarities between my kids. The one of Avery and Tanner's hand shows Avery's face after trying to lick the last bits of chocolate pudding out of her bowl. She got very little chocolate pudding to begin with since she didn't eat her veggies. She didn't realize that when she was eating it, so she decided to lick the bowl. She even used her spoon to get the last bits off Tanner's face to get one last taste. This is the girl that asked Grandma if she could lick Grandma's finger since it had chocolate batter on it.
There is one very short video of Shea. There will be more to come since she is not just sleeping all the time now. I want to get a video of all three, but ran out of space on the camera. That is what prompted this blog. I am cleaning off the camera to get some video this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed that I will have something for you by the end of the day.

The Stern Face



3 comments:
I love new posts! I cannot believe how similar the kids look as babies. I always smile when I read your blog because I can just feel how happy you are.
You seem to have it all together and enjoying life.
She is just precious. Shea looks like a little mini Avery!
Post a Comment