I love staying at home with my kids for the little gems I get throughout the day. We constantly are on the go. Doesn't matter the day, there is something. But sometimes I am just too lazy to get up and shower when Q is home. So that means I have to deal with kids in and out of the bathroom while I am in the shower. One never knows what that entails until they have a Tanner to deal with. Tanner will get into anything and everything while I am showering, fully knowing that I will not come after him. The one thing I LOVE about showering when Tanner can come in there is that he loves to play a game on the shower door. The glass is slightly frosted so you can only see clearly if something is pressed up against the glass (ie: a hand or face). He comes in and puts his hand on the door, then I put my hand on it, then I move mine, then he moves his. He is constantly "chasing" my hand with his. I LOVE this game. He laughs with glee at the thought that he has "caught" my hand. Today I was holding my hand backwards against the glass. He then copied me and turned his hand around. It is little things like this that make me realize he isn't a baby anymore. Good thing I am having another. I love seeing his cognition at work.
Avery has gotten into the habit of saying I love you when she really wants something. So I hear "I love you mommy, can I have some crackers". I think it is so funny that she has learned how to butter me up to get something from me. Like that is going to change my answer. There are any number of these statements throughout the day just thrown in there and then usually followed up by a request of some sort.
No comments:
Post a Comment