Where were the kids you ask. Well Quinton had them for a week by himself. He took them to a home daycare where they spent their days playing and having a grand time. He then came home and cooked a prepared dinner (I had prepared all his meals beforehand and froze them). They all survived unscathed.
After a fantastic week in the WARM air, I took a flight back to Kansas City where my Mother-in-law picked me up at the airport. We drove home to windy/cold/dreary Lindsborg. Sad. But I got to see the kids. I was excited to say the least. My family was glad to have me back. Funny, Quinton didn't put up much of a fight keeping me from the dishwasher and the cooking.
The reason my MIL came to visit was because she helped us paint our dining room, living room, and two bedrooms. WOW. What a TON of work. We still have a bunch left to do, but after we got a majority painted we were finally able to put our house back together. We had no trim work up for about 5 months. We had no curtains in some windows (just blinds). We had BARE walls. I finally got to hang some of my decorations. I still need to determine where I am putting some other stuff, but the house is finally mine. Mine, all mine. I love it. It actually feels like a house. Not a retro-fun house....not a construction zone....a house. There is of course the kitchen, laundry room and upstairs bathroom to do, but all in due time. One big leap. Maybe some of it will get done before May and I go out of commission.
Other than that we have been trying to chase down the holes in our house to make it warmer. Yes it is freezing outside, hence the cold inside. I am a cold natured person. Plus I am here all day everyday. So needing some warmth has been pretty high on our list. Cannot wait until we get new windows and siding. this house will be air tight! WOO HOO.
I am posting a few pictures of the kids putting up the Christmas tree. Look to see if you can see Tanner's new pose for pictures. Otherwise no really good pictures to throw in here now.
Blessings to all, don't forget the reason for the season.




No comments:
Post a Comment