I hate politics. Why? Because it separates our country. It causes the people of this country to become as good as enemies. When you tell someone with an opposing view that they are wrong, there is an all out fight. People are passionate, ignorant, hesitant, worried, and uncaring when it comes to politics. I am not saying that people shouldn't be passionate about politics, but when it comes to splitting up our country and causing the great tension it creates, it makes me wonder, does anyone think about the "divided we fall" statement. When we have a president in the office that many people don't agree with, do we continue bashing that person until he is out of office. Well current mood would tell us yes. I am not W's biggest fan, however, I do support, pray for and hope that he makes choices that are good choices for this country. Our president does what he can, he is only human. He does what he thinks is right. He is not going to poll the country before making a decision. He is going to do his best. It is our job as a UNITED country to support our president. How does it make us look when we OPENLY bash the leader of our country. Weak would be my answer. Naive. Sad. Many countries don't have those liberties.
We are apart of the best nation in the world. That sentence could stand on its own. We have so many things that we take for granted in our everyday life. Why? Because we are American. We grew up thinking that we are entitled to be selfish, have large houses, lots of money, many cars, and anything else we think we should have. Where has that gotten us? Nowhere. Our economy suffers because people want more than they deserve. The problems with the economy cannot be blamed on the Government, or the President for that matter. I don't recall W going out there telling people to take more money for a mortgage than they deserve. I was never told that. I have owned two houses, and never was I told to take 300K for a house I couldn't afford. Amazingly we examined our finances and took out a loan that we could afford. Weird.
This country needs to get back on track. Tuesday is the day that you can be a supporting part of this nation. YOU CANNOT COMPLAIN IF YOU DON'T VOTE! So go and vote your heart, conscious, and please do not fight with anyone if they chose to vote differently than you. Come Tuesday night start praying for the new president. Regardless. This new president is no different than you or me. No super powers. No big show is going to make all the promises come true by Jan 2nd. It will take awhile for all for that to get resolved. Regardless how I vote, I will still pray for our new president no matter who wins. I hope you will too. Get over yourself, it is not about you, it is about us being a country. The country is not what it is and can be with out the united front of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Ahh...thanks for listening. This is my place for writing my heart. I hope I have not offended.
3 comments:
I couldn't have said that better if I tried!! Especially the supporting our leader issue!
so proud of you!
Unfortunately I believe our President IS different that you or me, and needs to be held accountable for his actions and choices. Just because you are President does not mean you are a good person, or mean you necessarily have the best interests of an ENTIRE nation at heart. Presidents NEED to be held to a higher standard than an ordinary person because their choices and decisions affect not only our country but the entire world.
Post a Comment