It snowed for about 5 days straight. It was interesting to go outside today and see the blue sky and the sun. It is great to see a beautiful day with the snow all over the place. When it snows here the snow stays right where it falls. We don't have much wind here (occasional bad wind storms) but on the whole there are just massive piles of snow on everything.
With the sunny sky the temperatures dropped. It is about 5 degrees outside. A bit chilly for the kiddos. Avery is not too excited about going outside longer than 2 minutes. Tanner does not like the cold at all. So we are waiting for warmer weather to go outside to play.
It isn't as cold here as what Quinton is dealing with up on the North Slope. He is way out in the middle of nowhere. I am not sure what it is like today, but yesterday when he called me it was -39 out with a wind chill of something ridiculous. They had to drive 8 hours in that cold to get where they were going. I am very fond of my paved roads, warm stores and sunshine. He will not see the sun at all up there, since he is so far north the sun does not rise for a month or two from now.
I got some post some pictures of the kids and some videos. I watched one of my friends kids the other night, Alexa. She is a few months older than Avery. It is funny to see how much alike they are. They have the same code language, and when they sing the ABC's they make up the same letters. I enjoyed that time so much.
Tanner loves playing peek-a-boo. We have a collapsible tunnel that we play with all the time. Tanner loves it when we play peek-a-boo with him in there. I got some footage of him laughing. That is one of the sweetest sounds in the world. This morning when he woke up, I thought he would go back to sleep with after a bottle. He was standing in his crib and started saying mama when I walked in. He then played peek-a-boo with him for a minute. I started tickling him through the slats and he laughed hysterically. It was the best start to the morning. I couldn't have asked for anything more!!
Enjoy all the pictures and videos.



No comments:
Post a Comment