So since I am still working I am going along to a big conference down in FL at the end of the month. How am I going to go out of town with out childcare, you ask? Well I am going to leave my kids in IA with my mom for part of the week and Quinton's mom for the other part. Since we will already be in Iowa for Thanksgiving Quinton will have to come home to work, I will go to FL and the kids will stay in IA. Nothing like spreading your family all over the country. It makes me sad to be away from Avery and Tanner, however, this is the first time I will have spent a night away from Avery since she was 1 mo old. I have NEVER spent a night away from Tanner. I think I am due for a good night of peaceful rest. I cannot wait. Funny, I have to leave my kids and leave the state to sleep, plus I will be working my butt off at this conference. Oh well!
Tanner is soooooo close to crawling. He will "crawl" backwards now. That is the first step. I am ready for that to happen because he is very crabby. He knows he can move he doesn't know how...whew...I wish that were the only thing I had to worry about...not being able to crawl.
Avery has gone through a huge development leap. She puts lots of things together and figures out when I am tricking her. She is too smart for her britches. She is also having lots of nightmares now. I am told that it is a developmental milestone. It apparently comes hand in hand with potty training. She is almost there with the potty. She is not really dedicated to the cause though. I will push it when we get back from IA. Until then it is probably not the best thing to push since we will be on airplanes and traveling for hours on end. Someday...then I will only have 1 in diapers. Sweet!
Quinton is very busy at work, as always. He has been able to spend a good chunk of time at home. Very nice for us. He was able to get some good work done around the house. He rewired a couple lights out the side and back doors. I am now able to see at night when I go outside. That is a huge bonus! He is planning on doing a bunch of work around the house while the kids and I are gone. I am looking forward to seeing what I come home to!
We of course went trick-or-treating. It was interesting. First, Avery didn't want to get dressed up. She was so excited to get her outfit on, then she decided that she didn't like it, then she did, then she didn't...you get the point. So she cried a little and threw a fit. I took pictures of that of course. She hasn't changed much! She did the same thing last year. I should have dressed Avery as a deer. She was like a deer in headlights. It was kind of funny. Like Quinton says...we practiced with her on what to say...she just wouldn't do it. She got a ton of candy. Of course we needed that candy! She was actually dressed as a chicken or a duck....so a ducken or a chuck...you choose. Tanner was the dragon from Baby Einstein. He was too cute. He fell asleep at the 2nd house. Kind of nice.


Oh yeah, both the kids had a HORRIBLE cold for about 2 weeks. They are finally coming out of it. Tanner was wheezing from the cold. We had to give him albuterol treatments with a nebulizer. It was not the most fun but he was pretty willing since he knew that he would be able to breath. He slept in his bouncy seat for a week due to not being able to breathe from all the congestion. That seat is slightly upright so he had proper drainage. Not fun! Avery didn't get nearly as bad, but still not very good on the scale of sickness.
This pic is of Tanner holding his own bottle. We are almost there. He is so close. He has this thing where he requires being swaddled still...we call him crazy arms. He is crazy when he gets excited and starts flapping his arms. I don't know when he will outgrow this swaddling thing, but it will be nice if it is soon, because now we know he has the ability to hold his own bottle!! YIPPEE!

That is about it for now. Enjoy the pictures. I will try to post again really soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment